Tuesday 26 March 2013

30 Day Shred

Sort of a strange post for my blog, but something I wanted to share with my fans. All six of ya!

I'm trying to lose weight.

There. I said it.  Although weight may not be the operative word here. Inches? Closer. I think I just want to tone up a little.  I'm very comfortable with my body, my measurements etc. I don't think I'm fat - but I do think that there is room for improvement.  Unlike a lot of my friends that I've seen lose significant amounts of weight in the past few years (who I'm enormously proud of), I've never had huge fluxes up and down. It's hard for me to talk about my weight in any real way.

Any ways - the 30 day shred. I'm doin' it.  Jillian Michaels. It's hell. I'm starting to train a bit for it (I'm grossly out of shape).  My goal is to lose 10 lbs by August.  Although that doesn't seem like a lot, it is for someone who doesn't gain or lose weight easily (a slow goin' metabolism). What I found most funny about this "pre" process, was my actual weight and measurements which I thought were significantly higher than what they are.

My estimated weight and measurements:
155 lbs
40', 32', 41'

My actual weight and measurements:
141 lbs
37', 31', 39'

My goal weight and measurements:
130 lbs
37', 29', 37.5'

My initial sticker shock as to my current weight has made me really think about what I'm doing right. At my last doctors appointment, I weighed myself in at 155. Since then I've cut out soda and I eat a lot less processed and fast food.  In a way, moving away from home has probably helped my waistline because it is easier to avoid those foods when they're not around so much.

Anyways, if you're interested in doing this with me, just say so! It's nice to have a companion to keep on track with (and to share recipes and what not - although that's pretty much a constant in my life regardless).

No comments:

Post a Comment