Saturday 8 December 2012

Learning French

So... Since I've decided to stay in Montreal permanently (or at least semi-permanently) I've been big on trying to learn French.  This has been difficult - Full time grad school isn't exactly a conducive environment to learning another language.  But I've found ways to try and improve.  I took some French conversation courses (just finished my Level 3 - I'm officially an intermediate!) and I try and hold basic conversations with others learning the language (those fluent are still a bit intimidating to me... people speak so quickly!!).

My last language teacher really emphasized that using the language will help you improve. Even if your grammar isn't 100%. Even if your spelling is insane. It's better than nothing. As long as you're taught the grammar at some point, it all sort of "comes together", but I think the attitude that is necessary is that "something" is better than nothing. So I'm going to try and write some of my blog in French.  A few caveats:


  1. I will be writing in French from my BRAIN. The only thing I will use a dictionary for is words/verbs if I don't know them.
  2. The spelling will probably be atrocious.  The accents? Probably non-existent.  I only have French spell-check on Word. So I may write on word first... but I may not.
  3. I'll probably sound like a five year old child. Don't judge.

Parce que si Steven Harper peut parler français, je peux aussi.  

Aujourd'hui, j'écoutais a Radio-Canada et j'ai écoute un article sur Stephen Harper.  Il est un con - Canada est pour vente et les citoyens du Canada ne peuvent  pas l'arrêter. L'achat de Nexen est très mal. Quel dommage. Bien que je devrais écrire un essai sur l'information alphabétisation, je suis très fatiguée.  J'ai un mal de tète.

 A bientôt, Blogger fans! 


No comments:

Post a Comment